SSC CGL full form is Combined Graduate Level Examination and SSC CGL is a national level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit candidates for Group B and Group C positions in various ministries, departments and organizations of the Indian Government. In this page you will get CGL Full Form, CGL Exam Pattern, SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria, SSC CGL Educational Qualifications.
CGL Full Form
CGL = Combined Graduate Level Examination
CGL Exam Pattern:
The entire SSC CGL examination takes place in four stage. Tier I and II exams are held in online mode and Tier III and IV are held in offline mode.
- Tier Type of Examination Mode of Examination
- Tier-I Objective Multiple Choice CBT (Online)
- Tier-II Objective Multiple Choice CBT (Online)
- Tier-III Descriptive Paper (in Hindi/ English) Pen and Paper Based Mode
- Tier-IV Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test Computer Based Test
Combined Graduate Level (Tier 1)
Each of these subjects will have 25 questions. Each subject will be of 50 marks. In Tier 1 exam, each question will be of 2 marks. The total number of questions in the Combined Graduate Level (Tier 1) will be 100, and the total number will be 200. The candidate will get a total of 1 hour to solve this part.
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence
- English Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
Combined Graduate Level (Tier 2)
In SSC CGL Tier 2, There will be 100 questions in each subject. Every subject will be of 200 marks. In Tier 1 exam, each question will be of 2 marks. The total number of questions in the Combined Graduate Level (Tier 2) will be 200, and the total number will be 400. The candidate will get a total of 2 hours duration to solve this part.
- General English
- Quantitative Ability
Descriptive Test (Tier-3)
In SSC CGL Descriptive Test, the candidate will have to write an essay and letter. This test will be conducted in pen and paper based mode and you will have one hour time.
In SSC CGL exam only few posts have this skill test. In this part, the candidate’s skills are tested like- Typing on a computer and knowledge of computer.
What is full form of SSC CGL?
Full form of CGL is Combined Graduate Level Examination.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be an India citizen.
- The minimum age required for SSC CGL is 18 years, and the maximum age limit is 32 years.
- The age relaxation will be available in upper age limit.
SSC CGL Educational Qualifications:
Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer:
- Essential Qualifications: Any Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Economics.
Junior Statistical Officer:
- Any Bachelor’s Degree with at least 60% Marks in Maths at 12th standard. Or
- Any Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
All other Posts:
- Any three or four years Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
FAQs on SSC CGL Exam:
Q 1. What is the SSC CGL Full Form?
Ans. Combined Graduate Level Examination
Q 2. What is the minimum and maximum age limit for SSC CGL?
Ans. The age limit in SSC CGL recruitment varies from one post to another. Normally, the age limit is from 18 to 32 years.
Q 3. Does CGL exam have negative marking?
Ans. Yes, there is 0.5 marks deducted for each wrong answer in Tier 1 Exam. While in SSC CGL Tier II, for all the Papers except English there is penalty of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer. For English penalty is 0.25 marks.
Q 4. Which posts are recruiting under SSC CGL?
Ans. SSC CGL recruits various Group B and Group C posts in central govt departments.
Other Useful Full Forms
|NDA Full Form||ATM Full Form||EMI Full Form||MLA Full Form|
|NEET Full Form||BTS Full Form||UPSC Full Form||BSC Full Form|